Re: <E28>No Start Condition

Hi all!

I just want to start out by thanking everyone who helped me with
diagnosing the problem with my E28.  While I found the Bently manual to
be extremely useful (far better than Chilton's), it was the advise and
encouragement of fellow members of this great digest that made the
difference.  It turned out to be a bad flywheel reference sensor.  I
picked up the part at the dealership on Friday and installed it
yesterday.  The part wasn't cheap ($100 with the BMWCCA discount), but at
least I didn't just start replacing parts at random.  Now that I've
accomplished this repair, I might try to follow the idle FAQ and see if I
can't get the car idling smoother.

Regards,

David Sanchez
'87 535is (Running Again!)
BMWCCA 159157

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]