<E28> Replacement wheel sizes

I wanted to pass this info on to anybody who is contemplating replacing
the TRX wheels on your E28. This weekend I changed out my TRX wheels =
for
replacements from a 91 750iL that I purchased from a fellow BMW digest
member. They are 15 inch, and have 20mm offset. The original wheels had
a 22mm offset. The size of the tires that came with the 15 inch wheels
is 225/60VR15. I was afraid that they would be too big. After a test
fit-up, the clearance between the front strut has reduced from about  =
an
inch to about =BD inch, despite there being 2mm less offset (should be
farther outboard). I guess the wheel width was more than the TRX's. The
tires also come within =BD inch of the strut. Full crank either right =
or
left produces no interference. The rear wheels are no problem. I can
see, however, that the wheelwell clearance has reduced. I do not need =
roll the fender lip.

Overall size is about 3% larger than the TRX's. When I replace the
tires, I will probably purchase 205/60 or 215/55 size for a better fit. =

Clark