98 M3 and what to do?

Hello all.  I sure hope to get as many responses from this post as I did when
I stuck up for my previous Prelude. Anyhow, what I am interested in finding
out is other than a Jim C ecu upgrade, what else should be added to that to
maximize its potential?  Do I go with a K&N cone or drop in?  Do I remove the
factory airbox and make a custom "ram air"?  Is the Euro HFM a good upgrade or
a pos?  These mods would also be helpful if they could pass the wife test, as
she drives the car, too and seems to think that she has some say in what may
or may not be done to it.  Ridiculous, huh?
Dave
98 M3/4
President of the Underground Modifications Club