[Q] E36 Rearview Mirror

The rearview mirror in my 1995 E36 M3 has an annoying characteristic:
the day/night position lever.  I have it aligned properly in the day
setting.  When I flip it to the Night setting, the mirror alignment is
incorrect (too high), so I need to adjust it to the correct position.
Of course, when I flip it back to the Day setting the next day, the
mirror position is now too low, so I need to readjust it.

My E30 318i doesn't have this problem, and no other car that I've owned
has had this problem.

Is this a characteristic of _all_ rearview mirrors in the E36?  I
haven't checked any other E36s for the problem.  If it's a unique
problem, I'll take it back to the dealer and ask for a replacement under
warranty.

Thanks,

Ron Buchalski