E30 Stolen!

Fellow digesters,
  I had intended to be writing a post right now asking for winter tire
advice (Pirelli seems to come up a little short in the 14" department).  I
purchased a 1988 325is a couple of weeks ago and have been diligently
working to get it in shape.  I got the plates on sometime in the middle of
last week and has the pleasure of driving it only a couple of times before
tragedy struck last Thurday night/Friday.  Someone decided that they needed
the car more than I do and took action to make it so.  Good ol' Rochester.
The authorities have been notified and it seems that nothing more can be
done.  Any advice?  Thanks for the bandwidth... this is really more of an
expression of grief than it is a request for advice.

John P.
1988 325is - formerly