E30 Electrical problem...not the usual main/fuel relays

HELP my 86 325es died and i need a real technical advice...
MY es was running fine until 1 day the rev dropped to 200rpm iddled erratic I
tried to push the gas pedal but didint get any response to the engine then it
died ...I tried to restart it  but it only cranks but no start...I had it
towed at home ...After 3days i changed the fuel filter and the car started
right away as if there was no problem so I took drove it around then same
thing happened again ...I waited a few minutes and tried restarting it and it
started again as if there wasnt any problem ..so I drove it home...
I started the engine...no problem..turned it on and off starts fine ...I
thought it would die but it didnt give any signs...I guess it died only when
driving???
..Rule out main/fuel relay & broken timing belt problem....
<1> could this be an ECU/DME problem ? What are the signs if the DME is at
fault?
<2> what about the sensor underneath the intake manifold(i guess its the TDC
sensor) coz a friend coulnt get a reading from an ohmmeter?
<3> what about my ignition coil? if it gets hot would it give same problems?
<4> what about Idle control unit (that green little box next to the dme)?
<5> could it be the AFM (airflowmeter)

Sorry....for giving all these question just ruling out the problems one by
one...
Did anyone have the same problem to any eta owners before???couldnt get any
info regarding these in all FAQ's ...
All BMW technical gurus and DYI's please respond......JIM CONFORTI <the
motronic god>
i also need your advise.....TIA for all responders

Joops (with a disabled 325es)
scarface5@domain.elided