M3 vs. Prelude

I'm glad to see that there are some people who can see past the images that
certain cars portray.  You know, as some of you go on belittling fixed-up
Hondas, there are people saying looking at you, in your late model BMW,
thinking, "What a friggin yuppie, with his damn bimmer fog lights"  I have
learned (through my experience with Hondas and BMWs) to look past the car,
and look at the driver. Now, that ONE dude in miami with the "///M" Civic
(you know, on first, second, and third impression, the ///M Coupe bears a
striking resemblance from behind) is probably as you said... Some freak who
thinks his car looks good (bwa ha ha)...  But, please don't generalize this
to ALL young Asian Honda owners.  I'd say 8 out of 10 of them are good
upstanding citizens who if you took the time out to meet and talk to, you'd
like them, and respect their racing knowledge and ingenuity for their budget.
Now, on to the M3 vs Prelude (again)... If I couldn't afford an M3, that
would be my first choice.  I've been through my 325 eta, my Civic, and
finally, my M3.  For the cost of each car, each has been an excellent buy
for me, as I move up the ladder.  The Prelude is one slick FWD car,
tossable to the extreme.  My point, they are such at different price
points, that you can't compare them.  If you want to compare an M3 to
something, you compare it to a C43 AMG, ...  You know, I can't think of any
car that compares.  On the other hand, the Prelude competes with Eclipse
GS-T's, Integra Type R's, VW Golf VR6, etc.  Totally different cars.  OK,
enough WOB...  OUT

Edward Chan
ehchan@domain.elided
'97 M3