<E30> Cupholder ideas

Chris Baisley writes:
> Sure, I know, I should be driving and not drinking coffee.  But I
>live in Vancouver folks, Canada' Seattle, and no activity is
>considered complete or properly done unless some nice dark roast is
>being consumed simultaneously.

Absolutely, and you can't say you're from the Pacific NW unless you
can drink 6 lattes and still manage to drive in a calm fashion.

Jim added:
>Will a BMW product be OK? I think it uses scres rather than glue
>Go to your dealer and ask to look at the parts picture for the "add on
>centre armrest". I think it comes with a tray that slides out toward
>the front - with openings to hold 2 cups.
>Ask to look at part number 82 11 9 413 202 (I don't think there are any
>colour choices - you may want to ask.)

If this is similar to the one that Bav Auto sells, it looks cheap and
it is very flimsy, and they charge a whole bunch.  The armrest has a
generic grain and guess what? I had the same thing in an A3 Jetta, VW
sells the same thing only cheaper, not worth it IMO.  I don't know the
E30 interior very well but you can possibly add the cupholder the '95
VW Passat comes with.  It's only about 40 bucks and holds drinks very
well, I mounted one in my E21, forward of the front pass seat along
the edge of the center console, I can reach it easily w/o taking my
eyes off the road, it also folds out of the way.

Carlos
Seattle
95 M3
78 320i