<Misc> $1.99 Cup Holder

Chris Baisley writes:

> My 1989 325i has no cup holders, and no obvious place to put one.  The
best
> so far is jamming the cup between the centre console and the passender
side
> seat belt clasp.  Anyone have any bright ideas?  Gluing a Wal-Mart product
> to the top of the dashboard doesn't count!

Chris,

Haven't tried this in the E30, but it works great in the E34 and E36.  Go to
your local Pep Boys or whatever and buy one of the cheap plastic cup holders
with the flat, flexible, rubberized "tab" that's made to slip down between
the door and the window glass.  Yep, one of those really cheesy ones.  Needs
to have the flat, flexible tab, not a hard plastic "clip-on" tab thing.
Rubbermaid makes one that works well and sells for about $1.99 (LTW model
with "Euro" two-peice floating coaster).

Don't put it in the door though...

Slip the tab up under the edge of the shifter console where it meets the
carpet.  The bottom of the cup holder sits on the floor.  The tab part keeps
it in place.  Works great.  Sits down low so no spills, kinda hidden, easily
removed, available in an assortment of matching designer colors, and best of
all cheap.

Now if you don't think you can handle the installation, or if you're a
purist and just don't want to go cheap, you might consider my special Stage
3, "BMW Ultimate Road Refreshment Retention Package" (BURRRP) for the low,
low price of only $50 for a matching driver and passenger set installed ($5
extra for carbon-fiber-look grey, specify solid or cross-drilled coaster).
Just let me know how many you want.

Mike A.
mla1@domain.elided
95 /M3 (BURRRPed)