Re: bmw-digest V9 #291

>Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 18:33:18 EDT
>From: FAST4DR@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: Rice, Rice Baby
>

>What do you know about "the typical Honda" owner?  If you mean "to each his
>own" then why do you criticize others for doing what they wish with their
>cars?  And as far as Hondas being crappy, I think you are smoking crack.  I
>have owned a number of Hondas before buying my M3 and all were GREAT cars.
>And my last one, a Prelude VTEC could easily keep up with my new M3.
>Dont know why I wrote to you.  I guess your attitude just kind of pissed me
>off.  Enjoy your your 87 bimmer...I am sure it is nicer than many of those
>crappy Hondas out there.
>Dave
>98 M3/4 "better than a crappy Honda"

I think that most Honda civic owners would fall into two categories - cheap
transportation (which it is) and a potential for a tricked out rice mobile.
I agree with you that the Prelude is a nice car but for the money I might
choose something different. In regards to the "Enjoy your your 87
bimmer...I am sure it is nicer than many of those crappy Hondas out there."
I am sure that I will. How many owners of 12 year old civics out there take
pride in ownership. Ever seen a Vintage Honda restored to pristine
condidtion? What about BMW?
If the Honda's were so great for you why didn't you stay loyal? Must have
been the "Hey everybody Look at me I drive a M3" (fast4dr@aol) syndrome.

Dave L
'87 325e ( 12 years old and it still makes me smile! )

To all those that have M3's and drive them as they were intended I applaud
you. Sadly I belive you are a few of a dying breed.