Re: bmw-digest V9 #291

>John,
>  The '96 BMW wheel catalog shows star spoke style 10 wheels being
available
>for the e30, e32, e34, e36 and e39 series.
>The part # for the e36 7 x 15 wheel is 82 11 9 409 588 which retails for
>$331.00 each.  From Stephen (flbearcub@domain.elided) at South Motors BMW this
wheel
>would be $248.25 plus shipping versus Bavarian autosports $299.95 plus
>shipping.  From Stephen the above part # gets you the wheel, valve stem,
lug
>bolts and hub cap.  From Bavarian autosport it gets you the wheel.
>  After all this, I double checked with Stephen and he says that they are
no
>longer available.  Sorry.
>
> RonStygar@domain.elided FLY BMW  (Marlborough, CT)
>  http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_ronstygar.html
>   Unofficial short shift bender/installer +

Ron, thanks for the information. I was mostly using the picture for
reference... I didn't end up buying the wheels from Bav Auto. I bought them
used actually from a local BMW shop here in Cincinnati. (Just Blau Mit Weiss
a fine place to go if you're in the area, BTW!). I bought the set of 4 (look
like brand new, had new roundels put on), w/Goodyear 225/55 tires (about
3-5k tread left, not much) and installed on my car for $580. A pretty
awesome deal considering even @ $250 w/no tires I'd be looking at nearly
double the amount with shipping! I plan on getting some pictures and putting
them up on my web page when I get the chance. I just got my car back from
the bodyshop today after the rock throwing incident. $128.90 later the car
looks like brand new again so I am happy. Now I just have to get a new set
of tires... I'm thinking about some Z rated 225/50's.... any comments? Yeah
I know this is a little smaller diameter (9.5mm) than stock but the tire
selection is much wider. I've already heard the experiences of one person
who did this with an E36, anybody else?

Thanks again,

John

1990 750iL