Re: M3 Vs Prelude

In a message dated 10/10/98 12:06:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I would love to see your 90s prelude keep up
 with an 88 M6, much less an M3... IMPOSSIBLE... Maybe with some MAJOR mods
and
 overhaul on the engine, the prelude could keep up in the stop light derby,
but
 as soon as you hit a corner, say GOODBYE to the wonderful piece of German
 engineering... Enjoy BMW, stay away from crappy Honda's... That's my saying
 for the day...  >>
Well, I wish you could have seen it.  My 96 VTEC would have eaten an M6 and
could hang with my 98 M3...no kidding...of course it was not stock, it put out
about 180 to the wheels thanks to a better exhaust, intake, header and cam
gears.  It also handled very well as many members will attest that have any
racing experience against, say an integra type r...the only reason I posted a
reply was that I was a little pissed off that some arrogant jerk had to go and
trash those that can not afford to bet a bmw...Honda makes one of the best
cars out there for the money.  How many have you owned?  I have owned 4 in the
past 5 years and have no complaints.  I just now was at the point that I could
move up from my Prelude into a car that I have respected and admired since it
debuted in 95, the M3.  I still love Hondas and will always respect those
"rice burners" when seeing them on the street, as who knows what may be
lurking under their, in many cases, "ornate" hoods.  Now, lets get back to
talking about making these cars better.  Thats why I joined the list in the
first place.
Dave "Getting off the soap box"
98 M3/4