Carb part needed for BMW 71 2002, Solex 36-40 PDSI

  The only screw/valve in the bottom of the float bowl reached from
  the outside fell off rendering this carburetor rather useless.  As
  near as I can tell, the BMW part number is 13 11 1 250 412 (page
  13/12) and its accompanying seal ring is 13 11 0 639 289 but the
  dealer reports that it's listed as NLA (no longer available).

  Any suggestions on getting a replacement in the San Francisco Bay
  Area?  '02 Salvage doesn't have it either.

  If I have to replace this part with an entire carburetor, what would
  you recommend?

Bill Wohler <wohler@domain.elided>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.