Vtec

>Dave,
>
><< And my last one, a Prelude VTEC could easily keep up with my new M3. <<
>
>I'm not a frequent poster on the digest but I read them all... BUT I MUST take
>issue with this Prelude bit....  I would love to see your 90s prelude keep up
>with an 88 M6, much less an M3... IMPOSSIBLE... Maybe with some MAJOR mods and
>overhaul on the engine, the prelude could keep up in the stop light derby, but
>as soon as you hit a corner, say GOODBYE to the wonderful piece of German
>engineering... Enjoy BMW, stay away from crappy Honda's... That's my saying
>for the day...
>
>Steve "BiFF" Smith
>'88 635csi -- STOCK
>(after I get my job out of college I'm keepin this beauty and buying an 850i)

I have a 81 320is Callaway that will SMOKE any VTEC.  It may get me 0-30 but
after that just say good bye and in the turns it wont even be challenge.  I
have a guy in an Acura Integra VTEC try and race me up I 70 into the
mountains (Colorado).  That lasted about 2 seconds.   If my 320is can do
that a 290 hp M3 should just plain walk all over the VTEC.

Randy Little                              Represented by:
R.S.Little Studio                      Jim Zaccaro & Assoc.
Photography & Digital Imaging    http://home.earthlink.net/~jimzacc
http://www.rslittle.com