Re: Off Track Excursions at the track

Pat Donahue wrote:

> You should be able to feel how much the car is going it's own way.  You
> probably knew before you hit the rumble strips that you were going to.
> In the same way you'll know before you drop a wheel if you're going to.

I didn't think I would go off. (OK, maybe hoped is a better word).I think the
difference between thinking you will go off, and knowing you will
comes with experience.  I did ease up a little, so maybe that is what held me
on the pavement.

> If you can't feel all these things going on you should find a skid pad
> to work on for a while.  You can feel the car letting go of the pavement
> and feel recovery all at a safe slow speed.

I know when it will let go on regular pavement, what I didn't know was howthe rumble
strip would affect my grip on the road.  That gave me a split-second-pucker.

> If you still can't get it
> you might consider doing all your racing from the grandstands.

As was told to me several times during classroom sessions:  "This is not a race." ;)

///Michael
88 M3