How fast can a US M3 go?

Jimi (js014e@domain.elided) wrote:

>        I remember Active Autowerke had a Stage 3, which is around $30,000
>on top of the 95 M3, which should cut from 0-60 in 4.5 second or so, if I am
>not mistaken - do not remember quarter-mile or any other detail.... :(
>(Sorry, not sleeping for a while and being very busy don't do too much good
>to your brain....)

>        Anyone knows of such cases?

Stage 2+, which you are talking about, necessitates things like a very HD
clutch, huge AP or Brembo brakes, metal head gaskets, o-ringed heads,
custom forged pistons, Euro oil coolers, and various drivetrain pieces to handle
the
torque.  Gene Liu, who is *really* into drag racing BMWs (to each his own.
I don't wanna hear from any holier than thou types that BMWs aren't made for
dragging.  Sh*t, Chevys aren't made for drag racing either.  John-Force-mobiles
_are_) has a stage 2 3.0L M3 with some additional doodads like a 256 degree
exhaust cam.  He recently ran....get this:

12.16 seconds @ 116.8 mph at EnglishTown in the Import Survival Series Quick 5.
12.17 seconds @ 116.32 mph at the NIRA Toyo Tires Mid-Atlantic Nationals.

Try: http://members.aol.com/agspeed

Makes you wonder what stage 2+ (instead of 2) can do...

'Course, BMWs are meant to turn more than go straight, but if someone wants
to make a BMW go straight real well, hell, let him.  Gene goes straight better
than I can turn anyhoo.

Jason Leung
*no whining*
92 332i