Re: Mudstang Brakes

>  As for Mustang Cobra brakes, yes they need work.   A friend of mine
>  nearly crashed his at the Jefferson circut a few weeks ago when they
>  failed.  Turns out that BOTH front brake hoses failed when he was
>  braking for turn 4 (going clockwise).  The hoses pulled out of their
>  fittings at the caliper.  Once safely in the pits, he was asked what GOD
>  looked like.  After soing some more research, it turns out that this a
>  known problem (YIKES).  Watch those mirrors boy and girls....
>  The objects behind you may not have brakes..

My CT chapter instructor at Lime Rock a few weeks ago and his brother both
have Mudstang Cobras.  His brother suffered a brake failure at a track event
some time ago (not sure what track) and hit a wall head on at 70 mph.  Luckily
he walked away, but that was the end of the car.

Brake line failure at high temperatures is definitely a major problem with
this car.  The CT chapter won't let mudstangs on the track anymore without SS
brake lines.  If you have a friend with such a car, make sure they know about
this.

And Duane, you might try Porterfield's as well--their stopping power matches
that of the PF 90's, and they have rattle clips.

Tim Leithead
'95 M3