Re: Recall regarding Radiator

I just looked at the NHTSA web site and searched for recalls on 1993 325i.
This is what I got back.  I hope that this helps.

Component: ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
Manufacturer: BAYERISCHE MOTOREN WERKE
Year: 1993
Make: BMW
Model: 325I
Year of Recall: '98
Type of Report: Vehicle
Potential Number of Units Affected: 340000
Vehicle Description: Passenger vehicles. A malfunction or failure of a
coolant system component, such as a thermostat, water pump, or fan belt, can
result in significantly increased coolant temperature and system pressure.
If
the indications of a critical overheating condition is not noticed by the
driver, it is possible that damage to, or failure of, a coolant system
component
could occur.

If a crack were to form or a seam were to separate in the heater core end
piece,
hot coolant could suddenly be expelled, increasing the risk of personal
injury
to a vehicle occupant.

Dealers will install a new design radiator cap to control pressure and
provide
greater coolant overflow in the event of overheating.

Owner notification is expected to begin during October 1998. Owners who take
their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do
not
receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at
1-800-831-1117. Also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

Dean Boucouras
1979 733i
1991 735iL
BMWCCA 58298