Re: 98 M3 conv. FS

Franklin helps a friend by telling us:

>Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:36:04 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
>From: Franklin Joseph <frj751s@domain.elided>
>Subject: 98 M3 conv. FS
>
>Hi
>My friend has a voilet m3 conv. for sale.
>it has all the factory options and under 5000 miles on it.
>it looks absolutely sweet.
>there is nothing wrong with it, only that he is moving to California and
>his mom wont let him take it there.
>He is not sure how much he is gonna ask, but he is taking offers.
>
>Franklin
>89 M3

Franklin, I agree with your friend's mother.  Convertibles are just so
terribly out of place in California.  They have no business being here.
Your friend should, under no circumstances, bring the M3 convertible out
here.   A couple of convertibles show up, then suddenly everyone thinks
we've got lots of sunshine, and the next thing you know, EVERYONE
wants to move out here.  We don't need that, and keeping that
convertible out of state, locked in someone else's garage every winter is
the best thing for both your friend and the car.  Tell your friend's mom
Thank You from us Californians for being so considerate of our
overpopulation problems.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325 i/is hybrid that's not a convertible

P.S.  For the humor impaired out there, just ignore this, OK?