Re: <wob> BMW vs Volvo 80 series

>John,
>
>I hope you have fun driving your mom's Volvo.  Now my biased comments
>as well as criticizing anything but a BMW.  I think the car is quite
>good looking except for one thing, the yellow paint.  It resembles the
>Dakar Yellow II color M3's have but the Volvo's look like they were
>left in the sun for ten years to achieve that dull finish.  I do sort
>of like that 'I never wash my wheels brake dusty look' their 17" rims
>have. :-)
>
>"Volvos they're boxy but they're good"  ...hee, hee
>
>Carlos (newest Mary Kay representative)
>95 M3  awaiting an 850R challenge...
>78 320i  Hot pink
>BMW CCA, PSR ACA, SCCA, BEAC, WWSCC

Carlos, the 850R is pretty cool but has more conservative styling than the
BMW. My mom likes it though. The pastel yellow Volvo you're thinking of is
the T-5R. I know they were available in 1995. In 1996 the model was changed
to the 850R. In 1997, the only color choices available on the R were black,
red, and white. We ended up getting a black/black 4dr combo which looks
really nice with the 17" rims and the spoiler. Has a better stereo system
than the BMW, I will give it that. We all know stock BMW systems leave
something to be desired, especially given the cost of the car. I agree with
your characterization of the yellow paint on those earlier T-5R's. Looked
faded out. At least it was original, something a lot of car makers haven't
done in the past. Takes a certain personality to own a yellow or bright red
car IMHO. I haven't seen the color choices for the newer 1998 or 1999
models, maybe they have broadened. On BMW's my favorites colors are arctic
silver, techno violet and avus blue. Next time I'm leaning towards silver
cause it's easy to keep clean. Which reminds me... those titanium painted
rims on the Volvo do look a lot better dirty than most other wheels I've
seen. Since I switched rims, I gave up my Kleen wheels that were on the
stock ones. Brake dust is already showing! Time to switch from those stock
brake pads to some Metal masters. :-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA - gone till Saturday :-(
1997 Volvo 850R - going to have some fun with it till the BMW shows back up.
hehe
BMW CCA #150800, Buckeye Chapter