e46 M3

Hi all,

Even though I=92m enjoying my current 97 M3 very much , I=92m looking
forward to the new e46 M3 which should be available in about a year or
two.
It seems like BMW did the wise thing and didn=92t change the new 3-Series
drastically from the e36. Why change it, if it=92s still one of the ten be=
st
cars
in the world? Some people might think BMW should have been more
aggressive with the e46, but I like what I see and read about it. Although=

it brings up some questions and concerns about the upcoming M3.
The new 3-Series seems to be more refined , smoother and quieter then
the e36. This may be great for cruising around on freeways, but for
spirited driving (or track), this isolation might lack the feedback to the
driver, which is why the e36 ( especially the M3 ) feels so good.
Even though I=92m not a autocross or track junkie (not yet) , my gut feeli=
ng
is that the next M3 wont be as suited for the track as the e36 M3 is. Mayb=
that=92s why BMW made the M roadster.
I=92ve read that the next M3 will be the same for the US and Europe. Rumor=
have it that it=92s going to be a 3.4 liter six with ~300 hp. That=92s goo=
d for us
,
because that=92s more then the 240 hp of the current M3, but how are the
Europeans going to like it if they get less horsepower? Does more power
mean a lot more money? I wouldn=92t mind spending a little more for some m=
ore
exclusivity , but not to much more .
One more thing. It seems to me as if BMW is trying to be more like Lexus, =
and
Lexus more like BMW . Scary!

Norm.
=9197 M3