E30 Bumper Shocks (Plastic & Metallic)

Okay...here goes another one for you guys.  Anyone know if the short bumper
shocks on the 89-91 E30's (with plastic bumpers) are the same ones used on 88
325 coupes and 88-89 Convertibles (with metallic bumpers-short shocked)?

I'm trying to make my E30 look more leaner by tucking the bumpers w/o
defeating the purpose of the shocks.  I read that someone had done this to
their E28 by releasing some of the pressure in the shock through a screw.  The
shocks on my car and all of the shocks for metallic bumpered E30's that i've
seen DO NOT have this screw.   The only shocks for the E30  with the screw,
(that i've seen) are the ones on the 88 325's / 89 Convertibles and those are
already short.  I've already got the rear shocks...still looking for the
front.

Barry Robinson
LA Chapter
www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e30/engine/e30_eta_i_head_upgrade.html
still waiting to be updated...= /   (DALE)

End of bmw-digest V9 #275