Electrical help on an3.0si

A customer of mine has written me with the problem posted below...  I sent him
what I thought were possible solutions but now pose the question to your
collective wisdom so that perhaps you can help him out.  Winter in Colorado
WITHOUT a heater seems cruel and unusual punishment.  Thanks in advance, and
please e-mail him directly.  Email address is at the bottom of his message

you'll be cool,

Julian Osante
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/osbmw/";>OS BMW</A>

<<...it's turning to winter here in Colorado, the
heater is not working. The last owner told me that he put in
a new (Used) blower motor. It woks fine but it blows the 25
amp fuse all the time. Also when it does run very little air
comes out. I checked the two position lever for heat and
defrost and it seems to be moving fine but not air is coming
out. I did notice that it looks like there should be a cover the blower motor
in the engine compartment.(not the
wire screen over the motor) If the cover is missing would
it not work. Really need your help on this one.

Thanks,
Alan Luke
acluke@domain.elided