Re:Balancing and blueprinting

<<
 Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:08:26 -0400
 From: "Ron Browne" <rbrowne@domain.elided>
 Subject: <misc>Balancing and Blueprinting?

 Now that we've completed the bore and stroke thread, maybe someone could
 explain another process that eludes me: "balancing and blueprinting" an
 engine for more power. I assume the cost/power ratio must be relatively
 high, as I don't recall ever hearing it mentioned on this list...

 Ron Browne
 1992 318is
 Bowie, MD

These terms refer to bringing the engine up to "blueprint" specs.  Great to do
on a Chevy.  I would hope BMWs are built pretty much to spec from the factory
though.
Balance some thing.  I use to spec a balance figure of 1/4 gram on engines. I
don't know what BMW looks for.

Christopher

Christopher