Re: M3 vrs. Testarossa

>Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 23:24:00 -0400
>From: Ron Katona <ron3b@domain.elided>
>Subject: M3 vrs. Testarossa

>So... I think it's possible that an M Roadster or Coupe could beat a
>stock Testarossa in the stop light grand prix. Just don't play with one
>at 120.

Or 200, if your BMW can go that fast. <g> No doubt the Testarossa is a nice
car, but it's an exotic so it's a lot less friendly to own than a BMW. Some
of us need a back seat too. ;-) BTW, this brings up something I've been
meaning to ask... I'm sure SOMEBODY out there has the answer. What's the
fastest a production model BMW can run? (Not counting an F1 or something
like that) Stock/modified catagories. I'm sure they are all Euro models but
I thought it'd be interesting to find out. I've heard the Euro M3 Evo can do
about 175mph or so. Any others that are faster?

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA