M3 vs Testarossa.(1st hand experience)

    Hello Everyone,
     As a guy who loves BMWs and expecially M3s I can appreciate other
fine automobiles such as AUDIs, Porsches, and Ferraris.  I own a
euroized M3 so I know how that drives.  However, the M3 is an absolute
TOY compared to some of the Ferraris I have driven (90 Testarossa,  and
recently, a 98 355 spider).  There is simply NO comparison of a BMW to a
Ferrari.  They're a different breed.  Just like I don't compare BMWs to
a Lexus (they're both GREAT cars), I can't compare a M3 to a Ferrari.
I'll tell you right now, any Testarossa, even the pre 512TR or 512M
versions will SMOKE any M3 in looks, top end, acceleration, midrange,
and overall curb appeal.  Besides, there's something about the feel of a
$200K car and a gated shifter.  Let's face it, these are supercars and
an M3 (even in Euro form) is NOT a super car nor was it intended to be.
While we're on the subject, I would take a 96 911 Turbo anyday over an
M3.  There's something about a Porsche, especially a TURBO!.  So ha
ha..  so I hope I don't meet any Ferraris or TURBOS anytime soon..
                    Mike
                    96 euro M3 (PORSCHE/ FERRARI BAIT)
                    95 325is --JCed and K+Ned...  (M3 and LEXUS bait)
                    98 4-runner LTD
                    93 Lexus SC400
                    Ex. Ferrari Club of America member.