<E36> Tire Questions???

Awhile back I asked for info regarding tires for my E36 '92 325i 4dr. I
didn't think I was going to need tires for awhile, but now I am. The reason
is I switched to BMW Star Spoke rims (15") over the stock wheels. Presently
they have Goodyear 225/55 R15 V rated tires. (I hear this was the sports
package tire) They have maybe 3-5k miles left on them. I know that Michelin
makes one as well. These tires seem to be really expensive. Tirerack says
the Michelins are $179 each. That's a lot for a 15" tire. Are they really
worth it? Am I better off with a 205/60 like I used to have instead? They
can be had for less and there are a lot more choices. Of course then I'm not
sure what the best choice would be. I want a performance tire above all
else. Maybe somebody on the digest who has been through this before can help
me out with this dilemma.

Thanks again!

John

1990 750iL