Re: Thi, James and Jim C :^)

At 01:33 PM 10/7/98 -0400, Thi wrote:
>I would like to amend my previous comments.
>Two items are under discussion here: the price increase
>and the fact he's selling it at all.

Got hammered didn't you? :^)

>Having read that he raised the price, even after someone expressed
>interest in the item, I cannot agree with that.  I'm sorry to have
>represented that I liked it, as I meant to say "assuming no one
>offered your asking price for it yet." in the house example.  That
>teaches me to be more clear.

I knew what you meant.  There are those out there who demand perfect
clarity though.  Kinda sucks, wouldn't ya say?

>I don't have any experience with door prizes, having provided lots
>of raffle, lottery and drawing fees to help other people go home with
>door prizes over the years.  But I'll defer to those with experience
>chasing down door prizes.

I have had experience "chasing down door prizes" (worth many more $$$'s
than JC's chip).  The only thing I see James doing wrong was raising the
original asking price.  Not cool.  I would hope he does the right thing and
sell to the first guy who asked for the original $200 he asked for.  But
then I'm not James.

On a side note, I've never run across a "donator" who was angry when the
winner of one of his prizes sold it right afterwards.  I don't know Jim C.
very well (or at all for that matter) but from my brief contacts with him
he doesn't seem to be the type of person who would take offense at this.
He's a good businessman and his product is very popular.  I'm sure the
thought crossed his mind that the winner may already have his  chip.  What
will happen when James sells to someone else is that Jim C will have
another convert who will spread the good word about his products and be
more likely to purchase something else from Jim when that time comes.
Simple product promotion at work here.  Anyone who has a JC product know's
its value and would have no qualms about buying again from him.

Off my soapbox.  Thanks for the forum.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5 (ya damn right it's SHARKED!)
'72 tii (maybe I need an S14 to SHARK this one too...any donators out there?)