re: need a new ride

>My plan is to get 'on top' of car payments; in a year or so 'trade up'
>with my traadein & cash (hopefully to an e46 ;-)
>
>Any thought? Anyone? Anyone?

<John said>

I have a thought Reid...

Why would you spend 18k on a brand new car then get "on top" of the
payment in a year only to trade in that used new car and get hit with
major depreciation, take a bath on it and trade up?

Why don't you buy the 95 525i that John has for sale posted in digest
#266?

<Reid answers>

I am sorely tempted. However, the USD 10K gift giver wants me to get
an almost/new car, witout payments. It's free $10k, with somewhat
flexable stings attached. Also a 1995 is most certainly out of warentee.

I am leaning towards a VW Cabrio at this time, I drove one this
morning and, well, I like German (Mexican?) cars. Also, here in North
Carolina, I can have the top down 8 months of the year.

Reid "still-looking" Maynard
1987 535is (for sale)