Re: additive packages - don't underestimate

<< Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 13:19:24 -0400
 From: gbuffone@domain.elided (Gary F. Buffamanti)
 Subject: Re: Synthetic oil changes

 A bunch of us were discussing different oil brands at a recent driver's
 school.  One of us who knows somebody who is "in the bizness" said that
 the different brand names are for nothing but marketing and that many of
 the oils are identical except for possible variations in their additive
 packages.  The reason for this is that the companies bid out the base
 components of the oil - low bid wins!  I was also told that there are
 only 2 companies that make all components of their oils; Mobil and Agip.
 Any pros/cons?

 Gary Buff
 95 318ti >>

It's funny you should say that.  I've heard (don't know if it's true) that the
only difference between the '95 M3 and the '95 318 was the additive package.
Been told that "the body in white - base component is the same", can anyone
confirm this?

Christopher
6 series with the M6 additive