Re: wisdom on O2 sensors

Rich - to my limited knowledge there is no advantage (performance or
otherwise) to running with the sensor disconnected;  the car was designed
to run with it.  I remember reading a fairly comprehensive article in the
Roundel within the last year or so describing the nuts-and bolts of the
sensors and how they work; I'll look it up and let you know.  Some of the
symptoms you describe may indeed be traced to a faulty sensor.

Gary Buff
95 318ti

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]