E-28 Stallng problem and kickpanel speaker issue

Hey, Mike!

My 535i used to do the same stalling thing in traffic.  Whenever the engine
was revved up past 2,000 RPM and I pulled my foot off of the gas pedal, the
engine would sink down past idle and either shudder or die.

My solution was not the "correct" one, but it worked, and it was free.

I tightened up the accelerator cable until the throttle just barely came
off of the "idle" switch.  This only raised my idle speed about 50 RPM or
so (barely noticeable) and aside from completely eliminating the stalling,
didn't affect how the car drives at all.

I know this isn't the Kosher solution, but everything else seemed to be in
spec, and this solved the problem without creating another one (I'm not
smog tested in my area, so I don't know if my solution would change idle
CO2, or something like that)

About the speakers, I've got Infinity single cone speakers (Kappa series 4
x 6) in place of the factory units, and I'm pleased with the sound.  From
Crutchfield, much less than $40.00, I think.

Good luck, and I hope I didn't step on any purist's toes!

Scott Ferguson
1985 535i 5 speeed - 225,000 miles, Jim C, Etc.