<E24> minor service (plugs, tranny oil)

Hi,

Last weekend I attempted to service my M6. I did all the minor service stuff
except replace the tranny oil and the spark plugs.

The transmission has a big red label stating to use ATF oil (This is a
manual tranny!!). Does anyone know why they use automatic transmission fluid in
a manual box???

Also, I tried replacing the sparkplugs but discovered that the socket
to use is 1n 11/16" and it is very hard to find (at least a thin-wall one).
Any ideas where to get it in the Bay area?

Thanks,

Carl Gadener
carl.gadener@domain.elided
BMW CCA # 156619