E-28 Stallng problem

Hi All-

I've had my 88 535isa (55,000m) for about 10 months, and it has always had
a weak idle.  I've replaced the idle control valve, fuel pressure
regulator, fuel filter, spark plugs, O2 sensor, air fIlter, distributor
cap, rotor, airflow meter boot and some other things that don't come to
mind.

Recently, the car has stalled a couple of times when coming to a stop sign,
and a couple of times has felt like it momentarily started to die, then
revived itself under partial throttle (maybe 45-50mph, steady speed, level
ground.

Two key components I haven' replaced are the fuel pumps.  I've tried
testing my fuel pressure, but I don't think I trust my elderly pressure
gauge.

Does it seem like I've ruled out most things except the fuel pumps by
process of elimination?

Is there a characteristic failure mode for either fuel pump that would
point towards one or the other?

TIA

Michael Nover