<More>I've just about had it with BMW Dealers, Maybe even BMW NA & AG!!!

Thanks,

I want to thank all those that took the time to reply to my venting post
in:
bmw-digest          Saturday, October 3 1998          Volume 09 : Number
253
bmw-7-series-digest    Sunday, October 4 1998     Volume 18 : Number 101

I have resigned myself to repairing my BMW's to keep their reliability up.
The repair cost are not low even if you DIY  because you will be purchasing
manuals and tools necessary to effect quality repairs and leveraging the
cost of tools and manuals is not always possible.

BMW Retail 2000 Concept:
To help fill in more of the information on that frustrates me in my
attempts to obtain service manuals, parts catalogs for my 1998, 740:
Read:
Die Werkstatt articles by Jenny Morgan, in the BMW CCA May, June & July
Roundel
The American International Automobile Dealers Association publication
November/December 1997 Vol. 14, No. 8
"BMW Creates the Ultimate Customer Experience with Retail 2000 Concept" By
Virginia Sowers
http://www.aiada.org/pubs/iad/iad1408/bmw.htm

I would assume BMW will want all owners to have no option but to utilize
their service bays.
Hummm,  a monopoly comes to mind!!
Scares Me!!

Any body have any good ideas on how to crack this nut?
Letter to the Senator?
Consumer Affairs?
Federal Agency?

- -----