<E36 M3> Euro HFM dyno results (95 M3), again!

(snip)
*at the rear wheels W/ Euro HFM kit  HP: 206.5@5950rpm  - 4th gear
                        Torque: 199.1@4300rpm*at the rear wheels
- - -- both were with stock M3 exhaust and K&N panel filter,
   new Oxygen sensor, plugs and fuel filter
- - -- Tested at Maximum Performance in Miami.
(end of snip)

Igor, come this way, hey wasn't the hump on the other side?  Sorry
please ignore my smart ass remarks but I'll speak the truth.  You
really have to pay more attention to the digest, we've posted about
this recently.

The euro air box is where you're getting restricted air flow.  Duane
Collie replied to my post w/ a simple recipe to fabricate your very
own cone filter intake.  What I did is get a 3.5" rubber PVC pipe
connector and clamped the Steve Brown adapter to it.  I removed the
rubber portion of the SB adapter and only used the metal.  Then I
wrestled the HFM into the PVC pipe connector and a 3.5" inlet dia. K&N
cone filter on the HFM.  I attached an $.85 metal bracket between the
HFM and one of the stock mounts for the air box, this provides
adequate support.  A few 90 deg bends were required to make the
bracket work.  WALA! 10 more HP at the dyno.

You really should fabricate a shield for the cone filter, or you'll
lose all the HP you just gained.  I used Filter no. RU-1785 (thanks
Bob Stommel for the part no.)

Carlos
95 M3 same mods as yours + cone filter
221.6HP@6000rpm, 210.3@4500rpm
PS for a wee bit more HP try cooling the coolant then cycling it
through the warm engine, you'll have to play with leaving the car off,
fan on, restarting, then shutting it off again.