Re: Reply: Money to Spend

At 01:13 PM 10/1/98 PDT, SMILLER@domain.elided wrote:
>Here's how you should spend the money:

>1.  Drivers' School.
>2.  Drivers' School.
>3.  Drivers' School.
>4.  Drivers' School.

i completely agree.

spend money on the car, and provide value to whoever buys the car from you
on down the line. spend money on the driver, and provide value to yourself
forever.

back when i was driving a wacky italian sedan at bmw cca driver's schools,
i would occasionally find the owners of various and sundry 325s coming up
to me and commenting on how fast the car was, and what did i have in it.

it was always fun to tell them "not much, just koni shocks and sticky
tires". some would then go around and start telling people about all my
engine and suspension mods -- because i was driving around them, and
obviously lying.

all the money was going into me, the driver, and 7-10 schools a year. best
way to spend it, in my book.

i wish i had time and money to spend that way right now. boy, am i rusty.

richard