RE: bmw-digest V9 #243

> Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 08:40:55 -0700
> From: jerry kingman <ter.jer@domain.elided>
> Subject: <WTB> E30 323i cyl head
>
> i'm looking for a rebuilt/ low miles cylinder head or motor
> for my 1985
> 323i euro or any suggestions who has the best deal.
>
>                     jerry kingman bmw cca# 93506

Jerry,
 I believe the 323i uses the same head casting as the Eta
motor.  The eta uses fewer cam bearings, so you'll need to
drill oil feed passages but they are much more plentiful ...

 For the price of a new head complete, you might find a nice
complete 2.5 longblock if you look around.  The swap is not
as direct but is do-able.

 - thi v.