Sawmill sound from the diff

I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced, what for lack of a
better word, is a "sawmill" sound coming from the differential. I have a 89
325 ic with 185,000 miles on it. I've taken it to 3 different mechanics who
scratched their heads and say "yep it makes noise, I don't think there's
anything wrong". I've put 35,000 miles on the car since I've bought it last
July sawmill sound and all. Changed the oil in the diff twice, but what I
haven't done is put Redline or Amsoil in the thing and I was wondering if
this might help out.

Thanks
BT
JimC,K&N,H&R,Bilsteins,SuperSprint