re: just got my M coupe

Josh writes:

>Just picked up my M Coupe today!  I have some questions for those of you
who
>have paid a lot more attention than me to this mailing list :-)

>1. Any of you M Roadster owners figure out what gauge is available for that
>center spot where they want to put the passenger airbag disable switch, how
much
>they cost, and how to install it?

Dealers will have Voltmeters and will install for free when BMW makes them
available.  Should be in the next couple of months.

>2. What can I replace the cassette holder in the center console with?
>Cupholders?  A little bin?  I'm not going to be listening to cassettes, so
I'd
>like that spot to contain something useful.

You have the option to switch this for free to a storage bin/cupholder unit.
Don't let the stealer charge you for it.  I can look up the part number if
you wish.

>3. How do I remove the airbag warning sticker from the glove box cover
without
>trashing the whole area?

Goof-off.  This product can be found at Home Depot and other such stores.

>4. Where would the CD changer go?  Or, does anyone know if I can replace
the
>stock H-K head unit with the in-dash one that's now a factory option but
wasn't
>when I ordered?  Part numbers?

CD changer would mount in cargo area.  Since your car is new you should bew
able to swap out for the in dash CD player for $200.  I can get that part #
as well if you need it.

>5. Does the nifty Da'lan trailer hitch with the vertical, hidden receiver
fit on
>the M Coupe/Roadster, or only on the basic Z3s with a single muffler?

Don't know nuthin 'bout trailers and BMWs

>6. Why don't these things have their own "E" number?  Yes, they are an E36
front
>end, but they are more like an E30 rear end.  Seems like the Z3 and
derivatives
>(and for that matter, the 318ti) aren't true E36 cars, so why share the
chassis
>number?

They share many commonalities.

>7. Anyone else got one yet?