Re: 318 badge

pault77@domain.elided (paul) writes:

> my friend's 318 badge got ripped off last night, and just wondering if
> anyone is selling their badge, if not, wheres the cheapest place to
> get it.

Now that someone has gone to the trouble of removing it, your friend
might consider going badge-less, assuming the thief didn't damage the
paint. :( Many people in Germany order their cars without a badge
because they don't want to advertise how much they spent or they
think it looks cleaner or they find the trunk lid is easier to wax.

My car is badge-less because with a U.S. 3.45 final ratio it is
indistinguishable from a 320i, both optically and dynamically. :)
Well, until it hits 190 km/h. I really have to do something about that
silly speed limiter.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided