<e36> resolution of no-stop problem

Recently I had a problem where my car (92 e36 325i) would keep running even
when the key was turned to OFF.  I took the car to Dinan; they diagnosed a
bad instrument panel and replaced it, fixing the problem.  Cost was ~$320
parts, ~$250 labor.

It turns out that only a BMW dealer can order an instrument panel encoded
with the correct mileage; BMWNA won't do that for independent shops.  So my
odometer now reads 52.  I guess the only lesson to learn from this is that
if you have any weird electrical problems that could possibly be caused by
the instrument panel, go to the dealer if you want your odometer to have the
correct mileage.

Greg
anyone want to buy a 92 325i with low low mileage?  :)