Sender: owner-bmw@domain.elided

Shawn wrote:
It is possible to install the HK speakers in your car. The major problems will
involve cost and power. The reason the HK system sounds better than the stock
system is due to the lager amp installed in the HK system. Amps are like engines
the more power the better. The Hk speakers are better than stock but require that
extra power as well. More important, the cost of the HK speakers I would have to
guess, would exceed the cost of a better quality aftermarket speaker that would fit
the factory locations. Feel free to e-mail me privately if you have any further
questions.

Sean Duckworth
- -----------------------------
I just went through a mild upgrade from the 10 speaker stock system in my 1993 325is.
The speakers I selected are the MB Quart 215's up front, and I retained the stock
Nokias in the rear (rear is fill, so no need to drop a lot of $$$ here).  The amp I selected
is a PPI 25x2.  Let me just say this:  The MB's sound good, no bass (what do you expect
from 1 5-1/4" driver), but are the most inefficient speaker system I've ever had personal
experience with.  They feel like they need at least 50x2 or even more.  So if you select
the MB's, I recommend going with as powerful and clean of an amp as you can afford,
make it a 4-channel model to possibly add a sub later, run the rears off of whatever
head unit you select, and set the MB's to the -6dB crossover setting.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

- - Jason
jeuculano@domain.elided