Sender: owner-bmw@domain.elided

I have a 1993 325is with the 10-speaker factory system (non HK).  I recently bought a Sony ES CDX-780
CD head unit, and ordered the (supposed) correct wiring adapter from Crutchfield.  I thought everything
was going quite smoothly, soldered the harnesses together and used shrink wrap, etc.  Put the key in, hit
power and - no sound.

Ok.  So I knew that there's an amp in the trunk (it's now sitting on my kitchen table), Crutchfield guy told me
that their harness would by-pass the factory amp, and I have the two groups of wires and connectors (one
white, one black) ready to be plugged together so I can enjoy my CD's.  Does anyone have the
necessary pinout so I can by-pass the factory amp?  Or is there a ready-made by-pass adapter?  Does
Radio Shack sell female connectors of this type?  I'd really rather do all the soldering indoors and just
plug the two together if that's possible, but it is a weird looking connector.

I called Crutchfield back, and was told that my only options were to:
a) wire the speakers myself from the back of the head unit
b) buy a $40 wiring adapter that will STILL use my factory amp (which is one of the reasons for the
upgrade).

Out of these two options, I'd choose (a), but really don't want to tear apart all the interior panels.

My friend has a 318 with the 6-speaker system, and he dropped the same head unit in no problem (and it
made a huge difference, too!).

Any help is greatly appreciated, and until I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll just have to live with the
sound of that straight-six revv'n...  Sigh...

Thanks in advance,
- - Jason