Sender: owner-bmw@domain.elided

................snip...........
>>This article reminds me of a tool used a while back in Australia, I
think,
>>that helped police in car chases.  It was some sort of a ramming
device on
>>wheels, attached to the front of the police car, that when fired would
.................snip................
>Sounds like a Dreamtime story to me ;-)

No dream!  The article I saw, plus video on "60 Minutes" or one of it's
copy-cat shows on another network, showed a device that was patented by some
inventor in a Scandinavian country.  Nothing was fired:  the device, called
a "carpoon", was mounted on the front of the chaser, and he literally rammed
the chased vehicle from behind, impaling it on the "carpoon", then brakes
were applied to bring both vehicles to a stop. Bet the body shops would have
fun repairing the damage!

Mark Selleck