E28 carbon fiber gauge panel

Hey all,

There have been some recent post's re: the carbon fiber gauge panels some
of you have been putting in your cars (fits over the ashtray/lighter area
and holds 3 - 2" guages).  Someone asked whether there was any cutting
required and I'm afraid I missed the answer (if any).  Is this an easy
install or did it take you a weekend (who knows unless you ask, right?)

I have an M5 and I would really hate to cut up my pretty leather interior.
If this can be done without damage to the area in question would someone
please let me know.  I was thinking of putting an oil pressure (150psi),
oil temp and voltmeter guages in.  Any comments?

Thanks much.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii