E28 Brake Musings

Digesters,

As an addendum to the E28 brake thread, the E28 M5 (and M6) front brakes are
a direct bolt-on replacement for the standard E28.  I swapped calipers and
rotors on my '85 535i two years ago and very much like the difference.  NO
additional mods are required and, by the way, my stock 390mm wheels with
Michelin snow tires fit the calipers too!
For my next rotor purchase, I am going to go with E32 (735/750) rotors, as
they are $20-30 less per side and do not have the vented hat that the M
rotor has.

Regards,

Reed
Seattle