Re: Harnesses & Rollbars

I have a little trick that I call the "poor-man's harness".

While your car is on the grid, get into the seat and fasten the seat
belt.  Snug up the lap portion first.  Then, recline the seat back far
enough so you can QUICKLY pull the belt and get it to LOCK somewhere
close to the normaly reclined position.  Hold the belt in the locked
position and adjust the seat back UP until you are snug in your seat.
My car has explosive safety tensioners in the belt reel so I don't get
it TOO tight.

Make sure and shut your door before doing this as you may not be able to
reach the door once you are "locked" in by the belt!

I once started this procedure after the headphone and microphone were
hooked up between me and the instructor.  As I started to recline the
seat back, the instructor said, "Let's first talk about your seating
position."

After a quick explanation/demonstration, he wanted me to wait until he
did the same.

Andy Peavy - steamed and rabid, but not a Bubba
91 535i
email: m5wannab@domain.elided