<MISC> re:BMW car and engine Life Longevity

Michael Tarver wonders
>    My 95 325is has got to last me another 5 years or so with about 10K
>miles annually.  I only have 27K miles on it now.  Am I enjoying this
>car TOO much with my JC chip and other such mods in this quest to have a
>faster car.  Is taking it to such high RPMs before shifting going to
>cause an premature engine overhaul at some early mileage (before 100K).
>Should I back off and drive more conservatively and maybe shift at 3K
>RPMs, in which case, I would get smoked by vans and 76 Novas?

reference point:

I've had my '89 325i for 3.5 years, it had 100k miles when I bought it,
 now it has 190k miles.

I drive the piss out of it, get a grin on my face every time I drive it,
and it still goes like a rocket. It has seen a bunch of driving schools
(some where it was driven *double duty*), lots of autocrosses, etc

Regular maintenance, synthetic oil, reasonable care, no redlining until
properly warmed up.

I'd say DRIVE IT! and enjoy it. Take reasonable car of it and have fun.

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i - lots of mods
'74 2002 - first mod sitting in garage waiting for installation..