BMW longevity

Gentlemen
  Comparing longevity of various yr/models, is like comparing apples to oranges.
  With different engineering techniques, materials, and methods, my 67'
1800 is quite different than your 95'.  The fuels & lubricants are
different.
  Lean burn engines do their thing in a very hostile environment, with big
engines in small places.  I could stand in the engine bay, while changing
plugs on the 67' 4 door.  That meant lots of ventilation.  I don't know if
you'll reach the 600+ km my odo is showing.
  I do know my wife's 85' 732i is at 411k miles and counting fast (Mobil 1
diet with annual changes, 5k rpm daily).  Mom's 85' 735 only has 229k miles
so we'll use it for spares if the 732i fails.
  Best year/model BMW?  I don't know, but bet it's a bike.

Dan Patzer
the CyberWrench   72' tii touring   K75RT   85' 732i   R1100GSA
from BIMMERS ONLY  425-259-3601 http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/
O.E.M. parts, Independant service since 1967
12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271